Wednesday, February 06, 2008

PIECING IT TOGETHHER

OK… update, 3 things to show you…

1. In this version I have the duck swimming about his pond (random direction generated every time) The countdown timer is working, along with the score / points system. Also the avatar throwing animation is working (click anywhere over the pond) The avatar doesn’t have the ability to actually throw any items in this version, but I have placed a piece of bread already on the water just to demonstrate the score system at work, the duck will eat it pretty quickly. Click HERE to view this version.


2. The above image illustrates what I am trying to achieve with this version, for the item to stop on the line of X. The line X is determined on the user clicked position. This whole action is what I’ve been trying to crack for a while now but it still isn’t as I want it. Thanks to Danny’s & DD’s help I’ve managed to get the old dear throwing items based on this equation below, trajectory of a projectile... maths PAH! Click HERE to view this version.

3. To give my mind a short break from baffling maths and AS coding I decided to start working on the animated menu screen. The image below is a sign that I have designed for the game’s title screen. Mouse over each button to trigger a different animation, the buttons don’t lead anywhere… yet.
Click HERE to view this current version of the menu screen.

I’ve also decide to re-design the pixelated ‘old lady’ and ‘duck’ characters due to various comments about how they don’t mix well with the smooth vector background. I seem to agree after taking a 2nd look.

The plan is to merge these several versions with their different functions to make a finished game. It’s tough going and I’ve done a couple of Flash game projects before. I'm currently devoting 110% of my time at the moment to this… sorry 3DSM, I haven’t forgotten you.

No comments: