Sunday, March 09, 2008

MY NEW KEYBOARD = SH!T

The other week I bought myself a new keyboard on an impulse buy, it was cheap and I needed a new one. I HATE it and I am completely regretting not looking over the key layout before I purchased... all because of one blinding design flaw, see image below.

Whichever employee at Genius (the company who made this keyboard) gave the green light for this model to be put into production needs a sharp slap to the face! no joke!

Take a look at where the power shortcut button is situated in the below image… it sits right underneath the Delete key, one of the most commonly used keys on the humble keyboard. This is a BAD place to put this pointless, un-needed, un-wanted shortcut button. Especially if it’s a power button, devastating if it is accidentally pressed - FOOLS!

If the powers that be at Genius insist that they need those shortcut keys, power, sleep & wake then this problem could have been easily solved by placing them above the F keys, or even above the num pad.

Granted I didn’t spot it at the time of purchase but didn’t Genius user test this layout?! If they had done properly then they would have come across this design flaw very quickly.

"Genius" my ARSE!
Think I’ll be modding this keyboard, bye bye power button!

No comments: