Friday, April 25, 2008

MEH... UPDATE

Last Tuesday evening I presented my map / level plan to the class (as shown in my previous post - 22/04/08)

Not much of a reaction, maybe because the military out post theme has been done to death, but hey… that’s the kind of maps I digg! I did pick up some constructive feedback though, mainly about the vast scale of my initial plan. I’m now focusing on a re-design one quarter of the size, results… smaller but more polished... still changing and developing the idea…

I’m also currently scouting Ebay, trying to get my hands on a copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl. A game advised by my tutor for the level design and location themes, very similar to what I described apparently…

I’m getting more engaged with the UT2004 Editor, discovering new abilities each session I use the engine. I’m currently working on a test map for next week’s games gathering, something to play test with the group.

Apart from that I’ve been finding myself scouring every games site under the sun for GTA IV info and updates, just to satisfy my relentless GTA thirst.
I have a copy pre-ordered and I’m pretty close to pissing myself with excitement just waiting for Monday, 12am to appear… just 3 more days!

No comments: