Tuesday, May 06, 2008

OUTPOST MKII

Here is a refined version of my initial map design, this is just the ground level layer, there is an underground section but I’ve not included that in the image below, possibly because I haven’t decided on a good enough layout for the underground slice yet.

I’ve done a polished 2D plan in Flash as I intended to make an interactive piece where the user could click on different sections and it would explain their selection in more detail… but I’ve been pushed for time this week (mostly down to working PT) and I couldn’t get it done by today... enough excuses.

I still think this design is maybe a bit too ambitious, considering my “beginner” level 3D skillz. I’m very tempted to opt for a completely indoor map but that’s bottling it basically… think I should just go for it…

Today has been a very bad day in regards to work and progress, slightly disheartening really. Not all bad I guess I’ve made a little progress, for example the layout design below has changed already, so there’s a nice an out of date image for you…

Planning time over, it’s now time to start building…

No comments: