Sunday, November 26, 2006

GAME OVER

I have been enjoying the 'Interactive Narrative' project over the past 2 weeks (now that I'm finally kick starting myself back into this whole education/multimedia mess that I've let build up) click below to play...


BURGLE MY HOUSE!, based around... yes... burgling someone's house... my house for the record, which could make this a very dangerous piece of multimedia, if it got into the wrong hands, EEK!

I got a little ambitious about how the whole game worked at first. My initial idea was so in-depth that it would have took a good chunk of time to figure out how to program the whole thing together, so I simplified things. I dropped the idea of a 'character select option' at the start of the game, as this got me into one hell of a “spaghetti junction” when it came to linking all the different pages together, with the different outcomes. Same goes for the inventory system' (as mentioned in a previous blog entry) it all seemed a little out of my depth and frustratingly close to the hand in dead line as well, which kinda makes me wanna kick myself!

Now... you have a set time limit to work your way through the house in a linear order. Each room you enter (will have) a set time limit in which you have to grab (point and click) what you think is worth the most out of what's in front of you. A correct choice means you go onto the next level/room, a wrong choice and GAME OVER!




So essentially what I've put together here is a very easy to follow, visualy clear (for the dump crims out there) step-by-step guide to 'doing me over' of ALL my worldly possessions ...and... also, its a point and click, get it right before the time runs out type of game... type thing.

* Please note that this is still a work in progress.
* I'm still working on a countdown timer function.
* I am also planning to add a few more levels.

But for now... see if you can find the stash of cash, hidden somewhere in the house, its an alternative ending. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gav, im so glad your getting back on track with your university work again. Education comes first... then booze ;).
That Burgle My House game is a nice little interactive narative, i think there needs to be a few more stages though to make it longer. It is a very promising game though, i hope at some point you may choose to expand it from just your house to more than one. Different levels and different difficulties. Anyway mate best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...

This done before or after you got broken into? Beforehand maybe if they walked off with you airsoft gear ;)