Sunday, February 18, 2007

CHANGE OF SUBJECT?

This is such a ‘Geeky’ subject to be posting about but, oh well… C*CK IT!
Counter Strike - I have been playing this internet based video game for just over a year (it took over my life for the first few months, but now I play in moderation)

CS is basically a FPS game (First Person Shooter)
2 teams... Terrorists Vs Counter Terrorists.
The objective of the game is for the Counter Terrorists to rescue the hostages… which the opposite team, the Terrorists are defending.
The whole game itself is put together around short 3 min rounds, which quickly makes it a very addictive game and has kept millions of people world wide coming back for more and more since the late 1990’s.

During each round any player has the ability to use spray tags around the games level, these tags can be ANY image that the player wishes. Spray tags is something that has been added into the game so players can establish an identity amongst other players in the same game. To be honest, it is something most players don’t really make use of.

When playing the other night, I was lured into a virtual ambush, I got shot then proceed to die, probably by the hands of some unknown 15yr old sat at his PC somewhere across the ocean. He/She used a sneaky tactic that involved the use of spray tagging. They had made a spray tag of another player/character, sprayed it onto a wall within the level, thus distracting the opposition (and me) for just enough time so they could pick off the enemy one by one with a long distance riffle.

*observe the screen shot below… clever boys!

2 comments:

Pan said...

eyy cs!
i play that..well used 2, upgraded to the random no reg shambles that is css. Currently in ED with a clann clan called pub^

look me up if u every play source. my in game name is pan

Pan said...

ahhh, just noticed ur comment on my blog :P

yeh, add me 2 steam friends

bangarang2059