Friday, May 04, 2007

WEB BANNER – AUDIO

I’ve finished my first E4 web banner… well, almost. There is still the matter of the ‘mute’ button, which I have added to give the user the choice to turn off the audio if they feel they want to. I have it working as a button, but the actual function of it muting the sound I have yet to accomplish and apply. It’s fair to say I’m having some trouble with it! So for now the 'mute' button doesn't work.

That aside, I have also added the audio in question to fit the animation. I have tried to keep the soundtrack subtle and ambient, so that it doesn’t annoy the user to much, but at the same time grabs their attention and draws them into the advertisement.

Cool Edit Pro was used to record, edit and cut-up the different audio samples so that they could then be layered in Flash to fit alongside the visuals.

*I have yet to find a way of embedding working flash movies (.swf)*
* Click the image to start the web banner animation*

4 comments:

David Walker said...

They look very professional, the photography is excellent and the sounds fit the images perfectly. Sort out that mute button and its all good.

Matt Choules said...

Really like the design.
Glad I could help with this, it turned out really nice...

Ian Sanders said...

Pretty damn sweet - very professionals looking, the sounds are simple and sweet. You are a natural web designer :)

Dufurn Designs said...

i love there e4 pops out from the grass :)really charefull. Great job - love it :)