Thursday, November 22, 2007

VERTS & POLYS

Spent the last two days working on my 3DSM skillz. Started back at the beginning learning the basic toolsets and trying to build my confidence with modelling. Below is a park bench I made as a bit of possible level scenery for an FPS or 3D adventure game. Managed to get a stick to a low poly count (122) and still get some good shape in the bench. I didn’t copy the reference image exactly, used it more as a guide, I think it looks pretty cool.

After some research I found out how to set up reference images properly with-in 3DSM. I found some pretty sound head profile images HERE and started an attempt at modelling them. (There is a special box to be used for a human head. This box must have one length and width division, and two height divisions - read that in a tutorial.)

I’ve taken screen shots at regular intervals to illustrate my progression, see below image. I’m find the facial features pretty hard going… best keep at it.

No comments: