Sunday, January 27, 2008

DECONSTRUCTIVE DEVELOPMENT

One of the last parts of my duck pond sim thing to analyse and break into building block pieces is the HUD (Head-up Display) This all sits at the top of the game screen in my current design, as shown in the image below.
I’ve added the time count down function, this gives the player a set amount of time to deplete ALL their item stocks and feed the ducks ALL their bread.

Each section that makes up the HUD (items, clock, name, score) will be created using Dynamic Text fields, which are linked to Variables... when the value of one changes so does the other.


The figure below is a flow chart of the various game screens and how they are linked together, pretty useful as a quick reference for when I’m constructing my Flash project.

No comments: