Saturday, January 26, 2008

DRIFTING & COLLISIONS

The more I try and adapt possible game ideas to fit in with this Phidget sensor Flash game project the more I like my initial duck pond model. I have ‘doodled’ out a good few concepts, most seem to have been done before in one way or another though, yawn!

I’ve used the theory of ‘natural mapping’ for the game play interaction, an obvious link with the hardware control and the visual outcome on the game screen. (e.g.) touch this position on the touch pad and that’s the position you touch in the virtual game world (on screen) This type of mapping is easily learned and always remembered.

I’ve done an illustration (see below) that looks at the natural mapping interaction... click to enlarge.

The figure below shows the possible use of the HitTest actionscript command... click to enlarge.

Breaking down the game into functions and layers like this helps me understand what the essential building blocks are.

No comments: