Friday, May 09, 2008

CONSTRUCTION STARTED

Today’s plan was to head into University and work on some static mesh stuff, but I felt like death when I woke up so I resorted to plan B… setting up my map in the UT Editor. I took what I learnt from the Sky Box tutorial (as mentioned in a previous post) and applied that to a day time setting for my specific map design. It took me ages to get the lighting right but I’m pleased with the results, well worth the time I put in.

Instead of using 3DSM or Maya to add the cliff / rock faces around the walls of my level I used UT’s 2D Shape Editor. I know this is seen as “the long way round” but I have more confidence with this tool set… and the results so far aren’t half bad, the cliff / rock faces clearly need more detail adding so that’s the next step before I start populating my map.

Please don't mention the awful texturing, I haven’t even started to work on them yet so what you see are temporary archived textures used only for illustration purposes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some good progress Gav!