Sunday, May 25, 2008

STILL CHIPPING AWAY

Here’s a quick update... recently I’ve been working on my end of year paper, reflective practice and development (SPP2) so I’m hard at it with that at the moment. I will post the final draft up here as and when.

In other news I’m still chipping away at my Unreal Tournament map, it’s going strong. As you can see I still have a long way to go on the modelling front but I'm very pleased with it so far. I hope I can master bot pathing before the deadline; I have scheduled time to do so, fingers crossed.

Here are some screen shots of my work thus far…

Above is an overview shot of my map (box). The grey tall block with the red outline is what I’ve just started working on, it’s going to be office block style building.

This (above) is my new guard tower, it’s changed since my previous post. This new version has a bit more BEEF to it!

Above is an interior shot of a disused style building; wooden chip board has been used to board up windows and holes as a form of cover.

This (Fig. 1 & 2) is my bunker design. It's sunk into the ground by 64 Unreal units. If the player crouches and looks out through the narrow concaved windows, he / she will have a great vantage position that sits the crosshair just above ground level (shin height) deadly!

The main entrance to the bunker is a choke point which is overlooked by a narrow window looking out from the main room inside. There is an alternative way into the bunker, head up the stairs on the far side, onto the roof and down through the smashed hole. The barrels are explosive and have pretty devastating splash damage; I also plan to stick in an old crate box or two for some solid, hard cover.

Here are my build stats so far... 1141 polys and counting… my target is anywhere between 10,000 and 100,000 polys. Seems like I have some way to go before I hit 10k, I'm being too economical, I hope I can reach it.

No comments: